Business Contacts Privacy Notice
1. What Personal Data Do We Collect?
When you request product information from us, we ask you to provide your name, phone number, address, and email address, and the name of the entity you represent.
When we or our distribution representatives contact you in the context of establishing or maintaining a relationship with the business you represent, you may provide personal data over the phone or in your email response, such as your name, phone number, address, email address, and information about your order. You will know what data we collect because you will actively and affirmatively provide this data to us.
In connection with electronic correspondence, your device automatically provides additional information, including your IP address and, depending on your software settings, how you process messages.
2. For What Purposes Do We Use Personal Data?
We process your personal data to provide you and the organization you represent with information you request and other information we believe is of interest to you; to improve our products, information, distribution, and marketing; and to communicate with you and your organization.
We may also use any of your personal to exercise our legal rights, defend and advance our legal interests, comply with our legal obligations (such as under data protection laws), and protect against fraudulent, harmful and illegal activity. If we take steps to enter into a reorganization, restructuring, merger, acquisition, or whole or partial sale or transfer of our business or assets (“Business Transaction”), we may also use your personal data to give effect to that business transaction. We will only do so in compliance with applicable law.
3. To Whom Do We Disclose Personal Data?
We disclose your personal data only as follows:
- With your consent or at your instruction. For example, we disclose contact information about individual representatives of prospective or current customers to our resellers at the individual’s instruction.We use affiliated and unaffiliated service providers all over the world that help us deliver our service and run our business subject to confidentiality agreements; examples include data backup companies and email service providers.
- We will disclose data as required by law or to protect you, other users, us or third parties from harm, including fraud, data security breaches or where someone’s physical safety seems at risk.
- We may disclose personal data to manage or give effect to any Business Transaction that our business decides to enter into, subject to compliance with applicable law.
- If required to do so by law or legal process, or to law enforcement authorities under appropriate circumstances.
4. For How Long Do We Keep Personal Data?
We retain personal data as long as we communicate with you and delete it within one year after we no longer need the data for this purpose, unless we are required to retain the data longer for compliance with a legal obligation. If you have entered into a commercial contract with us, we retain your personal data for as long as the contract is in effect and until any legal rights or obligations related to that contract have expired. If you submit an inquiry to us, we retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after we have responded to your inquiry. If you have signed up for promotional information from us, we retain your personal data until you have unsubscribed, after which we retain a record of your decision to unsubscribe so that we can honor your decision. We also retain personal data for as long as applicable laws require us to retain the personal data or for as long as it is relevant to the resolution of any legal claim that may or has been made by or against us. Where more than one of the above conditions applies to personal data, the condition associated with the longest retention period prevails. Please feel free to contact us as per the contact information below if you would like additional information on this topic.
5. Your Rights and Choices
Individuals in certain jurisdictions have legal rights to obtain confirmation of whether we hold personal data about them, to access personal data we hold about them (including, in some cases, in portable form), and to obtain its source, correction, purpose of collection, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. They may also object to our uses or disclosures of personal data, request a restriction on its processing, or withdraw any consent, though such actions typically will not have retroactive effect. They also will not affect our ability to continue processing data in lawful ways.
To exercise any of the above rights or choices (or any other rights under applicable law), please contact us as described at the end of this Privacy Statement.
The rights and options described above are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law. In addition to those rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first, and we will try to resolve your concern.
6. California Residents
The additional disclosures in this Section 6 apply only if you reside in California. These disclosures do not reflect our practices where an exception or exemption applies under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA“). Please see Section 1 above for information about the categories of personal information that we collect from you. These categories correspond with the following categories under the CCPA’s definition of “personal information”:
- Identifiers such as a real name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to, his or her name, address, and telephone number.
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website application.
- Geolocation data (but not precise geolocation data).
- Audio, electronic, visual or similar information.
- Professional or employment-related information.
Please see Section 2 above for the purposes for which we use information, and Section 4 above for the criteria we consider in determining how long to retain each category of personal information.
7. Contacting A10 Networks
If you have any questions about our data processing practices or this Privacy Statement, or would like to exercise your rights under applicable privacy laws, please contact us at:
A10 Networks, Inc.
2300 Orchard Parkway
San Jose, California 95131
Where applicable to A10 Networks, the contact details of the data protection officer can be found on www.a10networks.com/company/legal/.
If A10 Networks is located outside of the EEA and has an EEA representative for GDPR purposes, the identity and contact details of its representative can be found on www.a10networks.com/company/legal/.
For certain requests, you must also provide information that we reasonably request from you so that we can verify your identity.