Last Updated Date: March 18, 2014
A10 Networks' brands, marks, names, and logos are among the company's most important and valuable corporate assets.
This A10 Networks Trademark and Logo Usage Policy (the "Policy") is applicable to A10 Networks, Inc. ("A10 Networks"), to all A10 Networks organizations worldwide and to A10 Networks resellers, developers, customers, advertising agencies, consultants, professional writers and editors, licensees and to third parties making reference to A10 Networks Trademarks.
The A10 Networks Trademark and Logo Usage Policy sets forth the authorized policies for using or referring to A10 Networks brands, trademarks, product and service names, logos and slogans.
1. A10 NETWORKS' TRADEMARK RIGHTS
As the owner of its trademarks, A10 Networks has the exclusive right to use its trademarks, as well as the right to stop others from using its trademarks improperly or without authorization.
Identification of A10 Networks products or services is the sole permissible use of A10 Networks trademarks and logos. The following is a non-exhaustive list of impermissible uses of A10 Networks trademarks and logos:
- No A10 Networks trademark or logo may be incorporated into or used as part of a third party's own logo, company name, product logo or otherwise.
- No A10 Networks trademark or logo may be used in any way that is likely to be confusing, misleading or deceptive as to the true identity or source of products, services, materials, courses or programs.
- No mark that is misleadingly similar in design or appearance to any A10 Networks mark or infringes on A10 Networks trademark rights may be used.
- No A10 Networks trademark or logo may be used in any manner that is likely to disparage, dilute or negatively affect A10 Networks' reputation.
- No A10 Networks trademark or logo may be used in a way that is likely to imply that the user, its products, or its services are endorsed by, sponsored or affiliated with A10 Networks, without written permission from A10 Networks.
A10 Networks will pursue its legal rights against those who engage in any of the aforementioned activities or any other activities that infringe on A10 Networks' trademark rights.
2. PROPER USE OF TRADEMARKS AND SYMBOLS
You may refer to A10 Networks products and services by their associated A10 Networks trademarks and service marks, so long as such references (a) are truthful, fair, and not misleading; and (b) comply with this Policy.
- Use trademarks only as adjectives.
Because trademarks are adjectives rather than nouns or verbs, a trademark may not be used alone. Always use a trademark as an adjective immediately preceding the noun applicable to the product. Brand, name, product, trademark are always appropriate nouns to use following a trademark.
Correct: The A10 Thunder™ unified application service gateway consolidates premium solution modules.
Incorrect: The A10 Thunder™ consolidates premium solution modules.
- When referencing A10 Networks as a company, the A10 Networks name may be used as a noun.
An exception to the "use as an adjective only" rule exists where the reference to A10 Networks is a reference to the company. The A10 Networks name may, in that instance, be used as a trade name; no trademark symbol is needed when referring to the company.
- Trademarks may not be used in the plural or the possessive.
Because trademarks are not nouns, they must never be used in the plural.Correct:AX™ platforms.Incorrect:AXs.
Trademarks must not be used in the possessive.
Correct: The AX platform provides superior reliability.
Incorrect: The AX provides superior reliability.
- A10 Networks trademarks may not be shortened, abbreviated or made into acronyms.
Correct: "SoftAX™" Software-based Application Delivery Controller.
Incorrect: "SAX" or "sftAX"
- Always spell and capitalize A10 Networks trademarks exactly as they are shown in the A10 Networks Trademark and Brands List.
3. PROPER TRADEMARK ATTRIBUTION
- Include a trademark notice when referring to a trademark.
Place an appropriate trademark notice symbol (® or ™) adjacent to the first and most prominent reference to the trademark. Do not add a space between the trademark name and the symbol. The symbol should be in superscript or subscript. In the absence of those symbols, a parenthetical notation such as (TM) is acceptable.
Correct: SoftAX™ Application Delivery Controller
Incorrect: SoftAX Application Delivery Controller
- Use the appropriate trademark symbol.
When referring to A10 Networks trademarks, use the "™" or "®" symbol in accordance with the status of the particular A10 Networks product or service. Refer to the table entitled "A10 Networks Trademark and Brands List" to determine the correct symbol for the particular trademark being used. (Annex B).
- Use the trademark legend.
In addition to applying the appropriate symbol to the trademark being used, third parties must attribute all A10 Networks Trademarks in an appropriate trademark legend. The legend may be printed in small print; however, it must be large enough to be legible. Permissible locations to place the legend include but are not limited to: the end of a document, on the back of a package, or on the bottom of a web page.
Use the following standard trademark legend in all material referencing any A10 Networks trademark:
"A10 Networks, [insert all other trademarks, product names, service names, program names, etc., that are referred to or displayed in the document] are trademarks or registered trademarks of A10 Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries."
4. USE OF A10 NETWORKS LOGOS
A10 Networks logos may only be shown independently. A logo may not be used in the context of a written description. Additionally, A10 Networks logos may be used only in accordance with the A10 Networks Corporate Style Guide attached hereto as Annex A, and as may be amended at A10 Networks' sole discretion from time to time.
5. THIRD PARTY USE OF A10 NETWORKS TRADEMARKS
Business affiliates and alliance members of A10 Networks, licensees, and other third parties are limited to specific, approved uses of A10 Networks trademarks. Third parties must use A10 Networks trademarks within the parameters outlined below. Unauthorized or improper use of A10 Networks trademarks may infringe on A10 Networks' trademark rights.
- A10 Networks trademarks may not be used in third party company or product names without a written trademark license agreement.
- A licensed third party shall not use any other trademark or service mark in close proximity to any of the A10 Networks Trademarks or combine marks in either case so as to effectively create a unitary composite mark, without the prior written approval of A10 Networks; provided, however, nothing herein shall prevent such licensed third party from preparing and distributing marketing materials in which the A10 Networks Trademarks and the licensed third party's marks appear on the same page or slide as discrete marks. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each use of A10 Networks' Trademarks is subject to A10 Networks' pre- approval, such approval to be withheld at A10 Networks' sole discretion.
- Prior to publication or release, written approval by A10 Networks must be received by all third parties of advertising and/or marketing collateral or other materials that use A10 Networks trademarks or logos.
- Except as provided within this Policy, A10 Networks' third party affiliates may not use any A10 Networks trademark as part of their own logo or company name or in third party advertising, product packaging, Web site or other promotional materials.
As such, neither domain names of nor metatags in third party Web sites may use or include A10 Networks trademarks or logos without A10 Networks' advance written consent.
Additionally, without A10 Networks' advance written consent, third parties may not hyperlink or deeplink to A10 Networks Web pages, unless the third party provides clear and unmistakable notice that the end user is exiting that Web site and entering the A10 Networks Web site. The sole circumstance under which deeplinking is permissible is when a need for information on A10 Networks products, programs, services or technologies exists on the third party Web site.
- Proper references to A10 Networks products by third parties are permissible.
To refer to A10 Networks products and services, third parties may use A10 Networks trademarks but only if used properly: Use the trademarks as adjectives and accompany the trademarks with the appropriate trademark symbol and legend. For further guidance, please refer to Section 2 of this policy entitled "Proper Use of Trademarks and Symbols."
6. THIRD PARTY USE OF A10 NETWORKS LOGOS
A10 Networks logos may be used only when licensed from A10 Networks, Inc. If a company or individual has a valid written license agreement in effect with A10 Networks, that company or individual must use the logo in accordance with the specifications described in the license agreement. Those guidelines are license-specific, and will not be addressed in this general policy. In the event that the terms of an individual license and this policy conflict, the terms of the individual license shall govern. A logo licensee whose license does not describe limitations on use of the logo should follow the guidelines found in Section 2.
No information contained in this A10 Networks Trademark and Logo Usage Policy is intended to serve as legal advice. If you have questions regarding your legal rights or duties, please consult your own attorney.
A10 Networks reserves the right to change this policy at any time, without notice.