A10 Delivers Advanced Solutions to Deploy, Manage, Control and Optimize Services across Hybrid Clouds
SAN JOSE, Calif. -“ October 25, 2018 – A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN), a leading provider of intelligent and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced availability of major advancements to its Thunder Application Delivery Controllers (ADCs) with Harmony Controller support for centralized, multi-cloud management, rich per-app analytics and DevOps tool integration. Numerous new enhancements also enable integration with Kubernetes, enhanced Ansible Playbooks and simplified ADC policy configuration with expanded Application Centric Template (ACT) support.
Organizations are striving to become more agile as the role of IT and software becomes paramount. Fast roll-out, control and optimization of applications drive revenue, competitive advantage and customer satisfaction. Applications must be secured and quickly delivered regardless of where they reside.
A10’s ADCs, with their tight coupling to the Harmony Controller, lead the industry in enabling administrators to intelligently manage, control and automate the deployment of application delivery services. Organizations can maximize agility, receive actionable insights and ensure application availability and security while simplifying operations with lower TCO.
Augmentations to A10’s Thunder ADC with Harmony Controller intelligent automation capabilities include:
- Centralized multi-cloud management, including on-premise, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure to distribute policies to all application services.
- Expanded L4-7 per-application analytics across clouds with hundreds of metrics on an aggregate or per-request basis in real-time.
- Integration with DevOps tools including Ansible Playbooks and a Thunder ADC based A10 Ingress Controller for Kubernetes environments.
- Support for a secure portal enabling a provider-tenant model. Line of business and application owners can manage secure application service policies and view application responsiveness with centralized control from IT.
- Application Centric Templates (ACTs) for many common software solutions, such as new versions for Windows Integrated Authentication and SSL Offload along with existing ACTs for Microsoft Exchange, Skype for Business, SharePoint and more.
- Integration with private cloud orchestration tools including VMware’s vRealize Orchestrator and Cisco UCS Director.
- “Nutanix Ready” certifications for A10 vThunder and Harmony Controller on Nutanix’s Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI).
“Prior generation ADCs lacked visibility and support for centralized management that bridge on-premise and cloud infrastructures with their diverse APIs and toolsets,” said Raj Jalan, CTO at A10. “Current processes are manual, inefficient and error prone and result in an inability to proactively and automatically modify infrastructure based on dynamic traffic profiles. A10 is addressing these challenges to improve agility for businesses of all types.”
“At Delta Dental, we like to work smarter, not harder. Combining Thunder ADCs with their support for automation, centralized control and deep analytics with A10 Harmony Controller helps us do that.” stated Kevin Klott, Network and Hosting Services Manager. He further noted: “By choosing A10, we are future proofing our plans for the shift to cloud-native applications”.
Among the benefits customers achieve from using Thunder ADC with Harmony Controller:
- Actionable Intelligence – Complete visibility into user experience, end-to-end latency, contextualized traffic profiles, anomalies, malicious intrusions and server health and utilization levels enable proactive infrastructure modifications.
- Multi-cloud Support –Support the transition of applications to hybrid cloud environments with the same services, management, and visibility as found on-premise.
- Automated Workflows – Increase efficiencies, expedite application deployments and lower troubleshooting times by up to 80 percent with a 3-6x ROI.
- Increased DevOps Agility – Centralized software defined functions that enable collaboration between networking and development teams.
- Ease of Deployment – Tight integration with Harmony Controller provides a single pane-of-glass to simplify the provisioning, control, management, and elastic scaling.
To learn more about A10’s Thunder ADC and schedule a demo, please visit: https://www.a10networks.com/products/thunder-adc/
To find out how Delta Dental optimizes applications and simplifies operations with A10 Thunder ADC and Harmony Controller, read the Case Study.
To understand more about centralized management options and advanced analytics provided by Thunder ADC, watch this Video.
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN) is a provider of intelligent and automated cybersecurity solutions, providing a portfolio of high-performance secure application solutions that enable intelligent automation with machine learning to ensure business-critical applications are secure and always available. Founded in 2004, A10 Networks is based in San Jose, Calif., and serves customers in more than 80 countries with offices worldwide. For more information, visit: www.a10networks.com and @A10Networks.
The A10 logo, A10 Networks, A10 Lightning and A10 Harmony are trademarks or registered trademarks of A10 Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Media ContactKarin GillesDirector of Public RelationsKGilles@a10networks.com408-240-5176