A10 Harmony Cloud Components
A10 Harmony enables customers to deliver advanced Secure Application Services while improving agility and reducing total cost of ownership. It includes a portfolio of products and features that integrate with SDN network fabrics and cloud orchestration platforms, dynamically delivering application and security services.
A10 Harmony Cloud Services Architecture incorporates six major architecture elements that enable the achievement of these objectives:
|1||High-Performance Hardware Appliances||Perform resource-intensive L4-7 services perimeter functions||Thunder Series hardware appliances (including intensive SSL offload, DDoS protection and VXLAN/NVGRE support)|
|2||Software and Hybrid Appliances||Flexible distributed scale-out per tenant on-demand||vThunder virtual appliances, hybrid Thunder HVA, or Thunder for Bare Metal|
|3||On-Demand Licensing||Pay-as-you-Go IaaS service pricing model and automated billing||vThunder Pay-as-you-Go with rental and utility billing models|
|4||SDN Integration||Overlay & fabric Integration||NVGRE and VXLAN. IBM SDN-VE, Cisco APIC, VMware NSX|
|5||Cloud Orchestration Integrations||Policy integration with cloud orchestration platforms||aGalaxy, Microsoft SCVMM, OpenStack, VMware vCloud Director|
|6||SaaS||Cloud services delivery; Cloud native, Elastic, Scale-out. Lightweight, Microservices & Containers||A10 SaaS: Cloud Services Controller and Secure Application Services in Cloud*|
*Available 2H 2016.
- High-performance Hardware Appliances: Thunder™ Series hardware appliances perform resource-intensive perimeter functions. For example services such as VXLAN and NVGRE tunnel encapsulation or decapsulation, SSL offload, and volumetric DDoS attack prevention at the data center service edge.
- Virtualized, Hybrid, or Bare Metal Appliances: Software L4-7 services with full ADC or CGN feature sets, ideal for service chaining deployments. The vThunder virtual and Thunder for Bare Metal appliances offer the full range of features and functionality in a software-based appliance that can run on leading hypervisors or on bare metal. Thunder HVA provides the flexibility of virtual appliances with the high performance of hardware, allowing you to run multiple vThunder strongly isolated hypervisor-based instances at high multi-tenant densities.
- On-Demand Licensing: vThunder Pay-as-you-Go licensing for IaaS service providers enables cloud operators to provide application networking and security subscription services with pricing models, at a monthly or usage level, consistent with their other compute, storage and networking services. vThunder Pay-as-you-Go licensing offers a rental billing model (RBM, a fixed bandwidth license per month) and utility billing model (UBM, licensed per byte used).
- SDN Integration: Integration with leading SDN solutions such as Cisco ACI, IBM SDN-VE, VMware NSX ensure that network segmentation and security policies are enforced consistently whenever a new flow enters the network. Support for SDN fabric and overlay tunneling protocols (including VXLAN and NVGRE) also ensures that appropriate network tagging is consistently applied.
- Cloud Orchestration Integrations: Software plug-ins for leading cloud orchestration platforms, including OpenStack, Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM), and VMware vCloud Director, ensure that centralized tenant provisioning and policy information is automatically applied as new workloads and application services are created and existing services are managed.
- SaaS benefits: Cloud services delivery with cloud native elastic scale-out capabilities for maximum agility. Leveraging a Cloud Service Controller to control policy and analytics across multi-cloud implementations with microservices and containers in mind.
In summary, customers can benefit from the agility and lowered total cost of ownership provide by A10 Harmony. Deploying SDN network automation and cloud orchestration that enable automatic provision of advanced application networking and security services while adopting a deployment model that fits your business and customer needs.