A10 Networks Launches Standalone Thunder SSL Insight (SSLi) Line of Products
SAN JOSE, Calif. – March 1, 2016 – A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN), a leader in application networking and security, announced the worldwide availability of Thunder SSL Insight (SSLi), a standalone security product built on A10’s market-leading SSL inspection technology and ACOS Harmony platform.
The adoption of encrypted Internet traffic has exploded in recent years due to security and privacy concerns. Today, it is estimated that over 65% of Internet traffic will be encrypted by the end of 20161. As a result, enterprise security products are blind to encrypted traffic, and protection is failing, despite billions of dollars of investment per year. The lack of security effectiveness has led to widespread breaches—resulting in increased customer costs, lost revenue, regulatory fines, and other issues. Thunder SSLi eliminates the SSL blind spot in corporate defenses and enables security devices to regain their effectiveness. Key benefits include:
- High-performance encrypted traffic visibility and broad SSL/TLS coverage. Comprehensive inspection of multiple ciphers, including ECDHE with Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS), with up to 48 Gbps of SSL inspection throughput.
- Decrypt once/Inspect many times with traffic steering. Built-in load balancing to scale security infrastructure, including:
- Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
- Unified Threat Management (UTM) platforms
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) products
- Threat prevention platforms
- Network forensics and web monitoring tools
- Intelligence for smarter protection policies with URL classification and filtering plus Threat Intelligence Services.
- The A10 URL Classification Service monitors, blocks, or selectively bypasses specific websites to provide privacy for healthcare and financial Internet activity.
- The A10 Threat Intelligence Service blocks users from accessing known bad IP addresses, preventing access to websites that cause data theft, and other malicious activity.
“We are seeing increasing demand for A10’s proven SSL inspection technology. Customers are demanding a purpose-built standalone solution to address the SSL blind spot without degrading the performance of the security infrastructure,” said Lee Chen, CEO of A10 Networks. “Thunder SSLi restores confidence that the enterprise is secure again.”
A10 Networks’ Thunder SSLi is available now.
1 Sandvine, “2016 Global Internet Phenomena—Spotlight: Encrypted Internet Traffic,” page 10.
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN) is a leader in application networking and security, providing a range of high-performance application networking solutions that help organizations ensure that their data center applications and networks remain highly available, accelerated and secure. Founded in 2004, A10 Networks is based in San Jose, Calif., and serves customers globally with offices worldwide. For more information, visit: https://www.a10networks.com/ and @A10Networks.
The A10 logo, A10 Networks, A10 Thunder, Thunder, ACOS, A10 Harmony, and SSL Insight are trademarks or registered trademarks of A10 Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Public Relations for A10 Networks