A10 Networks Extends Multi-Vector DDoS Protection with Thunder TPS 3.2 and Verisign’s DDoS Protection Service
SAN JOSE, Calif. – Dec. 21, 2015 – A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN), the leader in application networking and security, today announced a collaboration with Verisign to enable hybrid DDoS mitigation strategies for customers. A10 Networks further announced enhancements to its market-leading multi-vector DDoS protection solution, Thunder TPS (Threat Protection System)—including the ability to send alerts to Verisign’s cloud-based DDoS Protection Service using the OpenHybrid™ API.
Thunder TPS 3.2 now enables more organizations to intelligently provide an always-on application experience. New features and customer benefits include:
- Smarter DDoS attack detection and dynamic mitigation with Thunder TPS 3.2. Traffic baselines leverage multi-protocol behavioral indicators to learn peacetime network conditions, enabling precise detection of anomalies. Dynamic mitigation policies escalate suspect traffic through progressively tougher countermeasures to minimize legitimate traffic drops. DevOps can leverage event-based scripting for increased operational agility.
- Automated signaling for volumetric attack protection through Verisign’s cloud DDoS protection service. The redirection option utilizes the Verisign OpenHybrid™ API to provide anomaly information and can trigger a swing of customer’s traffic to Verisign’s cloud-based services when volumetric DDoS protection is needed. This hybrid solution broadens the market reach of Thunder TPS to enterprises with limited internet bandwidth.
- Integration with existing DDoS solutions for investment protection. Leveraging open networking standards, Thunder TPS mitigation integrates easily with existing DDoS detection solutions. Open networking standards support enables tight integration with many other devices, including SDN controllers and security products.
In addition to Thunder 3.2 and the Verisign DDoS Protection Service, organizations can further complement their DDoS protection with the recently announced:
- aGalaxy to streamline operations. Empowering administrators to centrally manage multiple Thunder TPS deployments to enable real-time troubleshooting, incident management and reporting.
- A10 Threat Intelligence Service to increase security efficacy. Providing a dynamic intelligence feed that prevents data theft, reduces the network load, and minimizes the attack surface.
“Devastating multi-vector DDoS attacks are on the rise and in everyday news. Organizations will inevitably become targets of these cyber-attacks, causing major disruptions to their business,” said Sanjay Kapoor, Vice President Global Marketing at A10 Networks. “With the expanded capabilities of Thunder TPS 3.2 and integration with Verisign’s OpenHybrid™, organizations can enable the always-on application experience that their customers demand from them.”
“In today’s growing DDoS threat landscape, organizations must protect and ensure the availability of their critical applications. A10’s Thunder TPS appliance’s ability to signal with Verisign cloud-based DDoS Protection Service enables customers to implement an effective hybrid DDoS protection strategy,” said Ramakant Pandrangi, Vice President of Product Management for Verisign’s Security Services.
Thunder TPS 3.2, the Verisign DDoS Protection Service, aGalaxy, and the A10 Threat Intelligence Service are available now.
“Customers trust C4L to protect them from the crippling effects of a vast array of escalating multi-vector DDoS attacks on a daily basis,” said Gary Barter, Head of Marketing at C4L. “Thunder TPS 3.2 greatly expands our effectiveness through the surgical nature of the countermeasures, the comprehensive baselining, anomaly detection capabilities, and detailed monitoring.”
“A10 has built a loyal base of service provider and enterprise customers that value the performance, the manageability, and the advanced features of the entire product line,” said Jeff Wilson, Research Director, Cyber Security Technology at IHS Inc. “Thunder TPS 3.2 and the Verisign partnership enable A10 to broaden market reach of its DDoS detection and mitigation solutions to customers’ lower bandwidth requirements.”
“We have seen rapid growth in our security practice as organizations seek to defend themselves from a variety of internal and external threats, including multi-vector DDoS attacks,” said Jason Gress, President and Co-founder of InterVision. “With enhanced management, detection, and a cloud-based protection service with a known leader in Verisign, the A10 Thunder TPS solution has matured into a compelling solution for our enterprise customers.”
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN) is a leader in application networking, providing a range of high-performance application networking solutions that help organizations ensure that their data center applications and networks remain highly available, accelerated and secure. Founded in 2004, A10 Networks is based in San Jose, Calif., and serves customers globally with offices worldwide. For more information, visit: https://www.a10networks.com and @A10Networks.
The A10 logo, A10 Networks, A10 Thunder, Thunder, Thunder TPS, and aGalaxy are trademarks or registered trademarks of A10 Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Public Relations for A10 Networks