A10 Networks’ Cloud Vision Comes to Life with Introduction of A10 Lightning Application Delivery Service (ADS) for Cloud Applications
Industry’s first cloud-native platform for application delivery, security, and analytics simplifies application architectures across public, private and hybrid clouds
SAN JOSE, Calif. – November 29, 2016 – A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN), a leading secure application services company, today rolled out its A10 Lightning Application Delivery Service (ADS) — a cloud-native software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform designed to boost the delivery and security of applications and microservices across public, private and hybrid clouds.
As IT organizations embrace application-centric operations, they increasingly look for ways to establish hybrid environments that utilize traditional data centers while taking advantage of the cloud’s inherent agility and speed. A10 Lightning, a portfolio of new and forthcoming secure application services, helps with this transition. Its Application Delivery Service provides a cloud-native application delivery controller (ADC) that helps bridge traditional and cloud application environments.
The introduction of Lightning ADS uniquely positions A10 Networks to service this growing demand for ADC functionality in the cloud, increasing agility and reducing costs for customers who use public, private and hybrid clouds. A10 Lightning ADS enables a holistic “ADC-as-a-service” that increases operational agility, offloads IT administrators from cumbersome tasks and reduces risk. It represents a versatile, multi-cloud ADC solution that not only serves traditional web applications but is built for containers and microservices-based architectures.
A10 Lightning’s multi-cloud management capabilities allow flexible application deployment across multiple clouds with the ability to seamlessly maintain and manage diverse workloads. A10 Lightning ADS will run natively on public cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services - an A10 partner – and on Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
“The launch of A10 Lightning represents a strategic step in the company’s vision to help customers with their requirements of secure application services for private, public and hybrid-cloud based environments,” said Kamal Anand, general manager, cloud division, A10 Networks. “Organizations now have a simple, cloud-native and cost-effective way to add traffic management and security to their modern applications, while gaining application visibility and insights.
The comprehensive secure application services platform is comprised of the following integrated components:
- A10 Lightning Controller: The industry’s only SaaS-based controller provides central management, policy configuration, and a big data repository and analytics engine
- Lightning ADC: Lightweight and full proxy software that executes Layer 4-7 application load balancing and security policies that are managed across diverse clouds by the Lightning Controller
- Lightning Portal: Self-service, role-based portal for managing the infrastructure and associated policies on a per-application basis
- Lightning APIs: All capabilities are available via the RESTful interface; orchestration and configuration APIs may be used to integrate with deployment automation tools like Chef, Ansible and Jenkins
A10 Lightning ADS provides these primary benefits for customers:
- Cloud-Native: Container and microservices-based design boosts productivity and offers ease of use through integration with DevOps processes and the ability to optimize delivery of applications and services on public, private and hybrid clouds
- Per-Application Analytics: Delivers a superior user experience by enabling application owners to proactively identify issues, streamline troubleshooting and effectively conduct capacity planning
- Multi-Cloud: Allows heterogeneous workloads to be deployed and managed across multiple public, private and hybrid clouds
- Watch an overview video of A10 Lightning ADS by Kamal Anand, general manager of A10’s new cloud division
- Read today’s A10 blog, Cloud-Native App Traffic Management and Security: Unveiling A10 Lightning Application Delivery Service
- Learn more about A10 Lightning ADS and request a free 30-day trial
- More product details available on the A10 Lightning ADS Data Sheet
- Read the solution brief, Disaster Recovery in Hybrid Multi-Cloud Deployments with A10 Lightning Application Delivery Service
- Read the solution brief, Leveraging Chef™ Tools with the A10 Lightning Application Delivery Service for Agile, DevOpsbased Deployments
- Read the solution brief, Continuous Deployment with A10 Lightning Application Delivery Service
- Read the Network Computing article that named A10’s acquisition of Appcito as one of the “12 Key Networking Mergers of 2016”
- Read the July 2016 A10 blog summary of press coverage on the Appcito acquisition: Appcito Acquisition is ‘Something that is going to set A10 apart’
- Follow A10 Networks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Read more from the A10 Blog: https://www.a10networks.com/blog
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN) is a leader in application networking and security, providing a range of high-performance application networking solutions that help organizations ensure that their data center applications and networks remain highly available, accelerated and secure. Founded in 2004, A10 Networks is based in San Jose, Calif., and serves customers globally with offices worldwide. For more information, visit: www.a10networks.com and @A10Networks.
The A10 logo, A10 Networks, A10 Harmony, A10 Lightning, A10 Thunder, Thunder and ACOS are trademarks or registered trademarks of A10 Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
# # #