A10 Networks Prepares Web Sites for Millions of Unique Visitors on World IPv6 Day for Second Year
A10 Ensures IPv6 Success And Offers Comprehensive Range Of Free Transition Resources With The Highest Rated IPv6 Solution ByNetwork World
SAN JOSE, CA, June 4, 2012 -- A10 Networks™, the leader in Application Networking, is powering portals, large media sites, web 2.0 companies, and ISPs for World IPv6 Day on June 6, 2012. With support for Server Load Balancing Protocol Translation (SLB-PT/SLB-64) and native IPv6, A10's flagship AX Series Application Delivery Controller (ADC) successfully powered millions of unique users for the inaugural event on June 8, 2011 with no reported issues. Demonstrating its continued commitment for IPv6 adoption, A10 offers comprehensive support to assist customers beyond World IPv6 Day. A10 also offers a unique opportunity for non-participants to test their IPv4 web sites live over IPv6 at no cost and no risk to production systems.
According to a recent Clear Choice Test published by Network World titled "IPv6 Enabled Application Delivery Controllers," A10's AX Series received the highest score for installation, feature set and manageability, and was recognized as the only vendor to include NAT64/DNS64, DS-Lite and 6rd, in addition to LSN/CGN (CGNAT), shipping today. All AX Series platforms are dual-stack ready, ensuring the maximum flexibility with IPv4 and IPv6 protocols, enabling both native support and the most advanced IPv4/IPv6 translation capabilities.
“World IPv6 Day offers A10 and our customers a global event to accelerate the awareness, testing and adoption of IPv6 networks for the second consecutive year,” said Lee Chen, Founder and CEO for A10 Networks. “Enthusiastic community support amongst our customers continues after last year’s inaugural event whereby IPv6 web site adoption increased by more than all of the previous years combined. We are taking a lead with our AX Series to participate in World IPv6 Day with benefits extending for years to come.”
AX Series solutions for World IPv6 Day and beyond include:
- Rapid Deployment with Native IPv6 SLB or SLB-PT/SLB-64
- SLB-PT/SLB-64 Ready: Enables customers at no additional charge to deploy an IPv6 web presence in minutes with their existing IPv4 web site. Reduces equipment cost and management overhead and eliminates duplicate content. For deployment issues, e.g. legacy IPv4 applications and hard-coded IPv4 links, A10 provides aFleX scripting tools to ensure a seamless IPv6 experience.
- Native IPv6 Ready: The AX Series has full support and feature parity with IPv4 features, allowing native IPv6 sites to deploy ADC/SLB solutions as needed.
- IPv6 Management: Full support for management functions is enabled on the AX Series.
- Unique IPv6 Web Site Testing for IPv4-Only Web Sites
- A10 offers a unique tool to assess IPv4 web site readiness for IPv6 on public production web sites. For those customers unable to deploy an AX Series in their network and/or unable to participate in World IPv6 Day, the door is not closed. Contact A10 Networks at http://www.a10networks.com/ipv6 for more details and to register for participation. The program requires zero configuration changes to existing IPv4 web sites and offers insight into potential issues, allowing web masters to get a head start on IPv6 readiness.
- World IPv6 Day
- Participant: A10 is participating with www.a10networks.com reachable via the IPv6 AAAA record or the IPv4 A record. A10 continues to operate ipv6.a10networks.com as an IPv6-only web site. The AX Series SLB-PT feature powers the translation of IPv6 to a single IPv4 content source.
- A10 Priority Support Hotline: With World IPv6 Day, A10 Support again will be monitoring for issues. If assistance is required, please contact A10 Support, flagging the issue as related to World IPv6 Day for priority support. On June 8, 2011 no related support calls were received.
- Post World IPv6 Panel and Results: A10 will deliver a summary of results from World IPv6 Day in a panel discussion titled “Analyzing Early Results and Statistics from IPv6 Launch Day 2012” at the IPv6 World Congress in Brussels, Belgium on June 26, alongside panelists from ISOC, Comcast Cable, Time Warner Cable, XS4ALL, and Cisco. For more information visit: http://www.ipv6event.com/
- IPv6 SLB-PT Deployment Case Study and Training
- A10 Networks Corporate IPv6 Deployment Case Study: Examines the issues with deploying the first A10 Networks IPv6 web site in 2010, including challenges faced with Service Providers and DNS Providers, which any Enterprise or Content Provider may experience.
- SLB-PT Deployment eLearning Video: A free resource to show A10 customers how to deploy IPv6 services with their existing AX Series.
All AX Series features and functionality are available today.
Service Provider IPv6 Transition Resources: https://www.a10networks.com/products/thunder-series/thunder-cgn
About AX Series
A10’s AX Series is a scalable, high-performance Application Networking platform that delivers enterprises, Web properties and ISPs superior reliability and an energy efficient footprint for lower total cost of ownership (TCO). With the AX Series, customers of all sizes benefit from application availability, scalability and performance, and increased infrastructure efficiency for a faster end user experience. The AX Series has a comprehensive Layer 4-7 feature set and flexible virtualization technologies such as Virtual Chassis System (aVCS), multi-tenancy and more for public, private and hybrid cloud environments. In addition, the AX Series leads in IPv6 Migration technologies with many large scale deployments worldwide. All AX Series features are available without extra licensing fees.
AX Series delivers industry-leading return on investment (ROI) by leveraging A10's 64-bit Advanced Core OS (ACOS), with a scalable shared-memory parallelism architecture that leaps the competition in scalability and flexibility.
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks was founded in Q4 2004 with a mission to provide innovative networking and security solutions. A10 Networks makes high-performance products that help organizations accelerate, optimize and secure their applications. A10 Networks is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, France, The Netherlands, Germany, Brazil, Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia. For more information, visit http://www.a10networks.com
ACOS, aFleX, aXAPI, aVCS, Virtual Chassis, SoftAX, and aFlow are registered trademarks of A10 Networks
Public Relations for A10 Networks