A10 Networks Announces aCloud Services Architecture, Delivering Dynamic L4-7 Network Services Into Multi-Tenant Cloud Data Centers
New Products, Licensing Models And Integrations With SDN And Cloud Platforms From Amazon, Cisco, IBM, And Microsoft Improve Business Agility And Lower TCO For IaaS Cloud Operators
SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwired - Jan 28, 2014) - A10 Networks, a technology leader in application networking, today announced the aCloud Services Architecture designed to help Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) data center operators deliver a rich set of application networking and security services to their customers, improving business agility and lowering total cost of ownership. The aCloud Services Architecture includes a range of new products and integrations with 3rd-party software-defined networking (SDN) and cloud platforms that enable dynamic L4-7 security and application services in multi-tenant cloud data centers.
To meet the needs of public and private IaaS data center providers, the aCloud Services Architecture includes new virtual and hybrid virtual appliance form factors and new licensing options that enable on-demand application delivery and security subscription services, similar to the way other IaaS services are delivered. It also provides feature integration with industry-leading cloud orchestration and SDN platforms, including Amazon's Web Services (AWS), Cisco Systems ACI, IBM SDN VE, OpenStack, and Microsoft Windows Server Hyper-V Network Virtualization and Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager. These integrations enable A10's physical and virtual appliances to dynamically and automatically provision L4-7 network services per tenant network flow.
Legacy data center network architectures are typically static, inflexible and manually provisioned, placing them out of sync with emerging cloud data center business models that are characterized by automatically provisioned services, increased business agility, and significantly reduced cost of operations. The aCloud Services Architecture allows operators to deliver rich L4-7 network services within these new data center architectures by delivering key features, including:
- High-performance appliances that perform a variety of resource-intensive functions, including encapsulation/decapsulation, SSL (secure sockets layer) offload and DDoS (distributed denial of service) mitigation
- Virtualized and hybrid appliances that provide distributed service scale-out down to the host and/or tenant
- Pay-as-you-go licensing that allows cloud data center operators to offer a variety of subscription-based L4-7 network services to their customers
- SDN and network virtualization platform integrations with leading data center solution providers, including Cisco APIC, IBM SDN-VE, and Microsoft Windows Server Hyper-V Network Virtualization, with planned integration with VMware NSX
- Cloud orchestration integrations with leading orchestration platforms, including OpenStack and Microsoft Systems Center Virtual Machine Manager
"The aCloud Services Architecture, working in concert with leading data center orchestration and SDN solutions, creates a comprehensive, high-performance, flexible and agile solution for automated service provisioning," said Lee Chen, founder and CEO of A10 Networks. "The addition of rich L4-7 services to public and private clouds is critical to helping our cloud service provider customers grow revenue and respond quickly and cost-effectively to market requirements."
"Deutsche Telekom AG cooperated with A10 on the implementation of a scalable, carrier-grade IPv4 Softwire solution for our TeraStream pilot," said Axel Clauberg, Vice President Aggregation, Transport, IP and Fixed Access at Deutsche Telekom AG. "The A10 vThunder software was the first Virtualized Network Function with high bandwidth and low latency to be integrated in our Infrastructure Cloud in our TeraStream pilot network in Croatia, serving customers with up to gigabit access speeds. TeraStream is Deutsche Telekom's drastically simplified IP architecture, running just IPv6 in the core. The scalable delivery of IPv4 is critical. A10's willingness to work with us to implement the Lightweight 4 over 6 solution and their execution and integration in our Network Function Virtualization (NFV) was impressive."
"A10's pay-as-you-grow cloud platform was simple and easy to set up and deploy. With an all-inclusive pricing model, we are able to achieve quick return on investment and greater profits by increasing our product portfolio," said James Braunegg, Micron 21 director. "Our clients, both locally within Australia and internationally, have the ability to add services on the fly, which can scale up and down to meet any requirement. The platform operates within a highly redundant environment ensuring customers receive on-demand world-class services, including WAF, GSLB and DDoS Protection while maintaining little financial impact."
"Cisco and A10 Networks have partnered to integrate A10's aCloud Services Architecture with the Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) to deliver integrated and automatically provisioned layer 4-7 network services within the ACI fabric," said Soni Jiandani, Cisco SVP of marketing. "A10's new integration with the Cisco ACI Infrastructure enables our joint data center customers to implement a single network policy via the Cisco APIC controller to ensure network security, QoS, and other network services from a central, automated orchestration system."
"With Windows Server 2012, Microsoft introduced Hyper-V Network Virtualization, and the aCloud Services architecture builds on this capability and Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager to enable datacenter administrators to rapidly and centrally provision, manage, and monitor A10 Networks virtual and physical appliances and user policies," said Vijay Tewari, Principal PM Manager, Windows Server and System Center, Microsoft. "We are happy to work with A10 to help operators lower total cost of ownership through automation, centralized management and monitoring, and improve service velocity."
Products, Licensing and Availability
- Thunder Series with VXLAN and NVGRE support -- perimeter functions per tenant, providing encapsulation/decapsulation for overlay network virtualization, available now
Virtualized and hybrid appliances
- vThunder, Thunder 3030S HVA and 3530S HVA (hybrid virtual appliance), providing distributed service scale out per tenant including ADC and Carrier Grade Networking (CGN), available now
- vThunder AWS is also available through leading cloud service provider Amazon Web Services, available Q1
vThunder Pay-as-You-Go licensing options
- Rental Billing Model (RBM) and Utility Billing Model (UBM), providing flexible IaaS service pricing models, available now
SDN and network virtualization platform integrations
- Cisco APIC, available Q2
- IBM SDN-VE LBaaS Plug-in, available Q2
- Microsoft Windows Server Hyper-V Network Virtualization, available Q1
Cloud orchestration integration
- A10 Networks aGalaxy, available now
- Microsoft Systems Center Virtual Machine Manager LBaaS Plug-in, available now
- OpenStack LBaas Plug-in, available now
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks is a leader in application networking, providing a range of high-performance application networking solutions that help organizations ensure that their data center applications and networks remain highly available, accelerated and secure. Founded in 2004, A10 Networks is based in San Jose, Calif., and serves customers globally with offices worldwide. For more information, visit: http://www.a10networks.com
A10 Networks, A10 Thunder, vThunder, ACOS, aCloud, aFleX, aXAPI, aVCS, Virtual Chassis, SoftAX, and aFlow are trademarks or registered trademarks of A10 Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Public Relations for A10 Networks