A10 Networks Raises the Bar with New AX Series Application Delivery Controllers
AX 1030, 3030 and 5200-11 Include New Generation Hardware to Deliver Performance, Value and Efficiency over Competitors
SAN JOSE, CA, October 4, 2011 -- A10 Networks™, the technology leader in Application Networking, today unveiled new models in its flagship AX Series Application Delivery Controller (ADC) family, delivering the highest performance in their respective categories and providing comprehensive application focused capabilities for Server Load Balancing, IPv6 Migration and Virtualization projects. The new AX Series models offer faster performance, increased energy efficiency and greater value across all price ranges and form factors versus competitors.
The new AX Series models include A10's innovative 64-bit Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS) with a scalable shared memory parallelism architecture that leaps the competition in scalability and flexibility.
"Our new AX Series platforms include the latest processor technology from Intel, combined with our highly scalable ACOS to deliver the industry's highest connections per second (CPS) in compact form factors," said Lee Chen, Founder and CEO for A10 Networks. "Enterprise and Service Provider customers are increasingly choosing A10 over incumbents due to the AX Series' rich feature set, flexibility, performance and overall value as we continue to reduce the cost per connection with our new AX Series models."
New AX Series hardware appliances include:
- Latest Intel Sandy Bridge processors combined with 64-bit ACOS increase performance over A10's 32-bit AX 1000 by almost 3X with 430,000 Layer 4 CPS. Throughput is increased to 7.5 Gigabits per second (Gbps) and maximum power consumption is only 155 Watts, delivering 2774 Layer 4 CPS performance per Watt (PPW).
- Includes six Gigabit (Gb) Copper ports, two Gigabit Fiber ports, solid-state drive (SSD), hot swappable smart fans, ASIC hardware for SSL acceleration and error correction code (ECC) memory.
- Raises the entry-level bar with reliable carrier class hardware (ECC memory, processor class and SSD) not previously available at the entry-level price point.
- All-inclusive features deliver cost savings and reduced operational complexity.
- Latest Intel Sandy Bridge processors combined with 64-bit ACOS deliver 580,000 Layer 4 CPS and 27 Gbps throughput in a one rack unit (1RU) platform with maximum power consumption of only 188 Watts. The AX 3030 delivers 3085 Layer 4 CPS PPW in an entry-level 10 Gb platform.
- Includes two 10-Gb Fiber ports, six Gigabit Copper ports, two Gigabit Fiber ports, SSD, removable hot swap smart fans, ASIC hardware for SSL acceleration and ECC memory.
- Delivers double the performance with all-inclusive feature licensing, at a third of the cost of competitors' comparably licensed 10-Gb port models.
- Intel hex core Westmere processor combined with 64-bit ACOS enables AX 5200-11 to achieve the industry's highest performance with over 4.5 million Layer 4 CPS.
- Includes 16 10-Gb ports, and an increase to 48 GB memory. Power consumption is reduced to 660 Watts at full load to deliver over 6818 Layer 4 CPS PPW.
- Extends the Layer 4 CPS leadership versus chassis systems dramatically. The AX 5200-11 is the clear choice for the high performance data center, delivering the industry's highest performance at less than half the price and a third of the power and space requirements.
"As a Managed Hosting provider, Peak Hosting must provide multi-tenancy for customers with the ability to manage their load balancing needs directly without sacrificing performance, scalability and availability," said Jeffrey Papen, CEO at Peak Hosting. "After evaluating competing platforms, no solution could match A10 Networks' new AX 5200-11 Application Delivery Controller (ADC), which sets the bar with 128 ADC instances and over four million Layer 4 connections per second. With the ability to centrally manage and scale a cluster of eight units for eight times the performance with a Virtual Chassis (aVCS) configuration, no vendor can match the flexibility, performance, savings and peace of mind that A10 Networks provides."
All AX Series platforms are dual-stack ready, ensuring the maximum flexibility with IPv4 and IPv6 protocols, enabling both native support and the most advanced IPv4/IPv6 translation capabilities. All AX Series features are available without extra licensing fees, including aFleX Layer 7 traffic scripting, aXAPI (RESTful XML management API), Multi-tenancy and more.
The new AX Series models are available this month.
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks was founded in Q4 2004 with a mission to provide innovative networking and security solutions. A10 Networks makes high-performance products that help organizations accelerate, optimize and secure their applications. A10 Networks is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, France, The Netherlands, Germany, Brazil, Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia. For more information, visit http://www.a10networks.com
ACOS, aFleX, aXAPI, aVCS, Virtual Chassis, SoftAX, SmartFlow and aFlow are registered trademarks of A10 Networks.