A10 Networks New SoftAX Virtual Appliances Increase Datacenter Capacity and Slash Costs
Only Virtual Application Delivery Controller Certified for VMware vSphere, Microsoft Exchange 2010 and Microsoft Lync 2010
SAN JOSE, CA, August 30, 2011 -- A10 Networks™, the technology leader in Application Delivery Controllers (ADCs), today announced general availability for two new versions of its SoftAX virtual machine (VM) running on VMware; a higher performance 8-Gbps version and a low-cost entry-level 200-Mbps version, extending its existing options. SoftAX is the only virtual appliance for Application Delivery and Server Load Balancing to achieve certification by VMware, Microsoft Exchange 2010 and Microsoft Lync 2010, ensuring smooth installations, reducing costly testing and evaluation cycles, and creating a trusted solution for the enterprise.
Virtualization is at the center of Cloud Computing, delivering elasticity and the ability to scale with commodity hardware or software appliances. SoftAX is a software-based AX Series with the same full range of Layer 4-7 load balancing and application acceleration features, helping customers to rapidly scale cloud environments, horizontally or vertically, and increasing performance on-demand. SoftAX enables high density ADC and load balancer deployments on commodity hardware, consolidating older or under-utilized load balancers. With SoftAX, customers reduce hardware costs, deliver on data center consolidation initiatives and have flexibility to deploy to compatible Cloud Computing providers.
- New High-end and Entry-level SoftAX Virtual ADC Appliances:
- 8 Gbps SoftAX - Offering 8X the performance of the market share leader's high-end virtual ADC, the new high-end SoftAX is the industry leading virtual appliance solution for datacenters and cloud providers with high bandwidth requirements or unexpected bandwidth spikes.
- 200 Mbps SoftAX - For customers requiring features and functionality, but not the highest performance, the new entry-level SoftAX ensures customers are not forced to sacrifice advanced ADC features while staying within budget. As future requirements increase, the SoftAX can be upgraded using a "pay-as-you-grow" model.
- SoftAX Certifications for Enterprise Solutions:
- VMready certification - Ensures SoftAX meets the high standards of VMware vSphere compatibility, and installs and operates correctly with VMware.
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 certification - SoftAX optimizes Exchange performance and increases security, including end-to-end email encryption with options no other vendor offers today.
- Microsoft Lync 2010 and OCS certification - The SoftAX is the only virtual ADC currently certified by both VMware and, for the Microsoft Lync application, by Microsoft. The SoftAX is also certified for Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS), which is the predecessor to Lync.
"As hypervisor companies such as VMware continue to innovate and organizations mature their virtualization environments, ESG research indicates that the number of virtual machines per server is rapidly increasing. This trend puts more pressure on administrators to ensure that their infrastructure runs smoothly," said Bob Laliberte, Senior Analyst for ESG. "High performance ADC products such as the SoftAX from A10 are essential to optimize servers, conserve VM host resources, and reduce complexity."
"The new 8 Gbps SoftAX is the best performing virtual appliance available in the industry, and we are pushing the boundaries in this nascent yet rapidly growing market" said Lee Chen, Founder and CEO for A10 Networks. "We are committed to ensuring the SoftAX, along with our flagship AX Series hardware appliances, meets the exact standards of leading application vendors, guaranteeing the best experience for our customers."
The new SoftAX 8-Gbps and 200-Mbps versions are available today.
Additional Resources for SoftAX:
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks was founded in Q4 2004 with a mission to provide innovative networking and security solutions. A10 Networks makes high-performance networking products that help organizations accelerate, optimize and secure their applications. A10 Networks is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, France, The Netherlands, Germany, Brazil, Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore. For more information, visit http://www.a10networks.com