A10 Networks Climbs to the 4th Fastest Growing Private Company in Silicon Valley
Increases Headcount and Expands San Jose Headquarters
SAN JOSE, CA, October 15, 2010 - A10 Networks™, the technology leader in Application Delivery Controllers (ADCs), today announced its rank as the 4th fastest growing private company in Silicon Valley according to the Silicon Valley Business Journal, and an expansion to its headquarters in San Jose amid dramatic growth in its flagship line of AX Series appliances. To date the AX Series has garnered over 850 customers since entering the market. To meet the increasing demands of Cloud Computing and constantly growing Internet traffic, the AX Series is a new generation of device with a scalable platform architecture, ensuring flexible, high performance Application Delivery and Server Load Balancing functions, increasing availability and efficiency, and producing the fastest end user experience.
"A10's growth and momentum has been phenomenal over the last couple years as a result of our innovative approach to Application Delivery solutions, world-class team and focus on execution and customer service," said Lee Chen, Founder and CEO of A10 Networks. "Enterprises, Service Providers and Web sites of all sizes are embracing A10 as a technology leader in the Layer 4-7 market, making us the fastest growing company in our segment."
Rapid Expansion & Increased Momentum
A10 has recently achieved the following significant milestones:
- Ranked #4 within the fastest growing private companies in the Bay Area according to the Silicon Valley Business Journal, demonstrating impressive year-over-year growth
- Debuted on the 2010 Inc. 500, ranking as the 46th fastest growing company in North America with three-year sales growth of 4,927%. With this accolade, A10's Founder and CEO Lee Chen received the #1 Asian Entrepreneur award and A10 received the #2 ranking for San Jose-based Companies and #2 for Computer Hardware Companies
- Expanded its headquarters in San Jose, CA with the addition of a new adjacent office building to accommodate increased requirements for product verification and R&D (research and development)
- Hired strategically, with total headcount now over 200 employees
- Received a Top Work Places award by San Jose Mercury News, ranking as a Top 10 place to work in Silicon Valley
- Won Best of TechEd award with the 64-bit AX Series for its technology advancements and contributions to the Microsoft community
- Extended its core success in North America, Japan and Asia Pacific (APAC) with new presences in Latin America, continued expansion to more locations in Europe, and new presence in India
64-bit AX Series Innovation
In October 2009, A10 unveiled the 64-bit AX Series family, which showcased a number of industry firsts:
- First true 64-bit Application Delivery Controller (ADC) platform with native 64-bit Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS™) and 64-bit hardware
- First ADC line built exclusively with solid-state drives (SSDs) as a standard component, instantly eliminating hard drive failures and increasing speed
- First with systems exhibiting a minimum of 10 Gbps throughput
- First ADC to reach 40 Gbps in a 2U platform
- First ADC to deliver over 3 million Layer 4 connections per second
In addition to its core Application Delivery and Server Load Balancing functionality, the 64-bit AX Series platform is beginning to see growth from investments in emerging technology, including IPv6 Migration and Cloud Computing & Virtualization initiatives.
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks was founded in Q4 2004 with a mission to provide innovative networking and security solutions. A10 Networks makes high-performance products that help organizations accelerate, optimize and secure their applications. A10 Networks is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, France, The Netherlands, Germany, Brazil, Japan, China, Korea and Taiwan. For more information, visit http://www.a10networks.com
# # #