A10 Networks Unveils New Capabilities for AX Series Advanced Traffic Manager Appliances
Performance Enhancements and New Features for all Models Deliver the Industry's Highest Performance Server Load Balancers at the Most Competitive Price
SAN JOSE, CA. - Jan. 22, 2008 -- A10 Networks® today released new capabilities for its award-winning AX Series Advanced Traffic Manager appliances. With the new release, the entire AX Series family, from entry-level to high-end, receives significant performance and feature enhancements. A10 also announced today that its high-end AX 3200 is the industry's first server load balancer to achieve over 1 million Layer 7 transactions per second and its entire AX family delivers over twice the performance at less than half the price of incumbents' competing solutions, allowing businesses to scale their networks and applications like never before.
"As the provider of end-to-end services for mobile carriers and millions of wireless handsets around the world, our network must always be fast and reliable," said Willy Lee, senior director of operations for Core Mobility. "We chose A10 Networks' AX Series new generation server load balancers to enhance our carrier-grade network because they provide a new industry price/performance milestone that leaps ahead of incumbents' offerings in this market – which allows our service to be more competitive."
A10 Networks' AX Series family helps enterprises and service providers of all sizes build secure, high-availability application server farms. Key new features within the AX Series include:
- Performance enhancements for all models.
- Comprehensive IPv6 support including SSL and high availability.
- Policy-based Server Load Balancing: Allows customers to "blacklist" (deny) or "whitelist" (allow) traffic from individual clients or client subnets. Allows support for very large lists (up to 5 million) for use in applications such as Spam filtering.
- Secure email features: Support for STARTTLS to enable secure email traffic to and from Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) servers by encrypting mail traffic to and from clients.
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Load Balancing: Provides SIP application intelligence with advanced health checks to efficiently manage SIP traffic for VoIP, messaging and other media applications.
Additional key features within the AX Series include:
- Revolutionary Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS):
- Leverages modern system architectures
- Tuned for multiple-core CPUs
- aFleX™ scripting language for flexible traffic management without performance degradation
- Industry's best SSL and Layer 4-7 performance, at the most cost-effective price
- Carrier-grade hardware components and redundancy
"With A10's latest AX Series release, we improve significantly the performance, reliability and usability of the industry's best performing server load balancing solution," said Lee Chen, president and CEO of A10 Networks. "The new capabilities further enhance the platform and performance advantages of A10's AX Series. It enables business networks and applications to always perform as desired – allowing them to be more competitive in their own markets."
Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS): Optimized Multi-CPU Architecture The Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS) - built by A10's team of industry-leading engineers with high performance Layer 2-3, Layer 4-7 and super-computing expertise - is the distinguishing technology that makes the AX Series stand out in the Application Delivery Controller market. Many of the incumbent vendors' solutions are based on legacy architecture not designed to address the greater scale of Internet traffic and security requirements - for today and tomorrow. In order to address the need for speed, vendors continue to move their single-CPU software solutions to more powerful multi-CPU traffic management systems. But without the complete redesign of the software, performance benefits as a result of more powerful hardware will never be realized.
A10's AX Series with ACOS includes an optimized, multi-CPU architecture, built from the ground up. ACOS provides the ability to linearly and concurrently scale processing resources. By evenly distributing application traffic to the system's processors, ACOS eliminates performance bottlenecks caused by unevenly loaded processors – allowing applications to perform as desired, especially during peak usage conditions.
The new AX Series release is available immediately. For more information about A10's AX Series Advanced Traffic Manager appliances, visit: http://www.a10networks.com/products/axseries.php
For more information about Core Mobility, please visit: http://www.coremobility.com/home/.
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks was founded in Q4 2004 with a mission to provide innovative networking and security solutions. A10 Networks makes high-performance products that help organizations accelerate, optimize and secure their applications. A10 Networks is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in the United States, Japan, China, Korea and Taiwan. For more information, visit www.a10networks.com.
# # #