A10 Networks Extends ID Series for Network Identity Management with New IDaccess Appliances
Network Authentication and Guest Access Appliances Centralize Authentication for Employees and Guests
SAN JOSE, CA. - July 31, 2007 -- A10 Networks® today extended its ID Series of network identity management appliances with the unveiling of IDaccess. Based on A10's award-winning IDsentrie platform, the IDaccess appliances are all-in-one network authentication and guest access solutions that centralize authentication for both employees and guests. The two IDaccess models are 1U appliances that integrate RADIUS, DHCP, a guest access portal and A10's IP-to-ID Service, and are the most cost-effective, integrated network authentication and guest network access appliances in their class.
IDaccess prevents unauthorized network access and eases the burden on IT administrators with a single authentication solution for both internal and guest network users. Key features within IDaccess include:
- Guest Access Portal - Provides a user friendly GUI interface that allows front desk personnel to create and manage guests accounts, ensuring guests can only access the network resources that they need
- RADIUS Server - Supports the latest RADIUS protocols for wireless, wired, remote access, and the latest perimeter security applications. IDaccess' authentication proxy service can forward RADIUS and 802.1X/EAP authentication requests to existing authentication servers.
- IP-to-ID Service - Provides instant user identification for any IP or MAC address to isolate security issues much faster and improve compliance reporting.
- Authenticated DHCP - Isolates and segments unauthorized users and redirects them to authenticate - without requiring more labor intensive technologies such as 802.1X or Network Access Control (NAC).
- Reporting - Provides rich identity-based reports, logs and alerts for all authentication functions.
The IDaccess appliance is available in two models. The IDaccess 800 supports up to 10,000 users and 300 devices and the IDaccess 500 supports up to 3,000 users and 100 devices. Both models include four 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports and a 160 GB hard drive.
"Preventing unauthorized network access is critical for network security," said Lee Chen, president and CEO of A10 Networks. "Our new IDaccess appliances centralize authentication for both employees and guest access; greatly easing the burden on IT administrators while securing network assets - and delivering the best price/performance in their class."
The IDaccess appliances are based on A10's IDsentrie platform for network identity management, which was recently voted a top ten product for new generation network infrastructure by NetworkWorld magazine. The IP-to-ID Service within IDsentrie earned this praise for its ability to ease the identification of network users and devices, while decreasing the time it takes to resolve security problems.
The IDaccess 800 and 500 appliances are available immediately. For more information, visitwww.a10networks.com/products/idaccess
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks was founded in Q4 2004 with a mission to provide innovative networking and security solutions. A10 Networks makes high-performance products that help organizations accelerate, optimize and secure their applications. A10 Networks is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in the United States, Japan, China, Korea and Taiwan. For more information, visit www.a10networks.com.