A10 Networks Unveils The AX Series and The EX Series
Delivers Industry Leading Application Acceleration Switch and Secure WAN Manager with User Identity Visibility
January 29, 2007 - A10 Networks® today announced two new products, The AX Series and The EX Series. The AX Series is the industry's best performing application acceleration switch, which helps organizations scale and maximize application availability through the world's most advanced platform. The EX Series is the industry's only secure WAN management appliance with instant user identity visibility, which helps organizations manage bandwidth more intelligently.
"We are pleased to bring the AX Series and EX Series to worldwide customers, rounding out our portfolio to deliver a suite of products that accelerate, optimize and secure applications,' said Lee Chen, founder and CEO of A10 Networks. "A10 is reinventing application acceleration switches with the AX Series and we have waited two years for this. AX's purpose-build hardware and unique Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS) ensures the ultimate application scalability. With the EX Series, companies can manage their networks intelligently – helping them compete in their markets and meet the increasing demands of their customers, employees and partners.'
The AX Series: Application Acceleration Switch
The AX Series is a high-performance application acceleration switch for organizations looking to improve their application response times, availability and security, while increasing server farm capacity. AX's Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS) scales all processing resources linearly and concurrently to accelerate and secure critical business applications - delivering an industry-leading price/performance architecture. AX's aFleX is a custom in-line scripting language that works with ACOS to provide flexible acceleration capabilities for all application types and allows organizations to granularly control their applications' acceleration and scalability needs.
Key Benefits of the AX Series Include:
- Accelerated Application Performance
- Provides industry leading price-performance and scalability
- Improves user application response times by up to 8 times
- ACOS and purpose-built hardware accelerates applications for top data center performance
- Application Availability, Scalability and Flexibility
- Delivers carrier-grade high availability (HA) for 100 percent uninterruptible service
- Scales server farm capacity by up to 10 times with advanced server load balancing
- Future proofs against changing business requirements with aFleX scripting language
- Integrated Application Security
- Protects application infrastructure from Denial of Service and Protocol Anomaly attacks with line rate performance
- Ensures application availability for legitimate traffic during malicious attacks
The EX Series: Secure WAN Management Appliance
A10 Networks' EX Series is a high-performance appliance that manages bandwidth with unprecedented user visibility - helping organizations secure, optimize and scale their network edge more intelligently. By consolidating WAN management functions into an appliance with user identity capabilities, organizations can simplify their management of edge services, and increase performance and reliability for applications while simplifying troubleshooting, compliance, and identity forensic activities.
Key benefits of the EX Series include:
- Instant WAN User Visibility: Correlates between WAN application activity and user identity for top bandwidth usage, Instant Messaging (IM), file transfer and email applications. Provides top user information for over 100 business application classes for network tracking, troubleshooting and compliance purposes.
- Advanced WAN Optimization: Integrates link load balancing, advanced bandwidth management, site-to-site compression and cache redirection to optimize and control WAN resources.
- Network Infrastructure Security: Provides firewall load balancing and identifies network anomalies to protect against attacks such as Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS), port scans, address sweeps, protocol misuse, malformed packets and much more.
- Scalability and Reliability: Leverages a symmetric multi processing (SMP) architecture to deliver up to 2Gbps of aggregate throughput and rate shaping/limiting capabilities. Ensures service availability with redundant RAID-1 hard discs, advanced redundant power supplies and removable smart fans.
The AX Series is available in Q1 2007 and the EX Series is available immediately.
"A10 Networks' AX Series is an application acceleration switch that delivers an industry leading price-performance architecture,' said Kazutaka Kiuchi, CEO of Bussan Networks. "With its unique Advanced Core Operation System and flexible aFleX scripting language, the AX Series easily integrates with existing application infrastructures to help customers provide high levels of scalability and flexibility, to ensure availability for business critical services.'
"etón needed a better way to manage network bandwidth so that required business applications never suffer in performance,' said Asad Sarabi, VP of operations for etón Corporation. "We chose the EX Series from A10 Networks because it allows us to manage bandwidth with unprecedented application and user identity visibility so that we can intelligently provision enough capacity for necessary business applications at all times.'
"Identity management is due for explosive growth as government initiatives, new device types, extranet applications and standards drive demand for better network information visibility and control,' said Jon Oltsik, senior analyst for Enterprise Strategy Group. "Vendors like A10 Networks that deliver identity forensics within purpose-built network management tools provide value to customers by making identity integration cost effective, easy to deploy and easy to use.'
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks was founded in 2004 with a mission to provide innovative networking and security solutions. A10 Networks makes high-performance products that help organizations accelerate, optimize and secure their applications. A10 Networks is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in the United States, Japan, China and Taiwan. For more information, visit www.a10networks.com.
# # #