A10 announced a new trial version of its SoftAX, a software-based AX Series Application Delivery Controller (ADC) with the same full range of Layer 4-7 load balancing, application acceleration and security features. SoftAX helps customers and cloud providers to rapidly build cloud environments and deploy as needed based on demand. Installed on commodity hardware atop a hypervisor in less than 10 minutes, SoftAX helps customers reduce hardware costs, deliver on data center consolidation initiatives and gain the flexibility to deploy to compatible Cloud Computing providers.
A10 also opened its Virtual Application Delivery Community, also known as the Virtual ADC (www.virtualadc.com), to the public, including SoftAX Trial License users. A10's Virtual ADC delivers fast access to technical information and the ability to interact with other A10 customers and subject matter experts.
SoftAX Trial Version
- Enables up to 5 Mbps of bandwidth for 30 days of testing
- Can be upgraded to a full production copy at any time
- Bandwidth can be increased with "pay-as-you-grow" model, up to 8 Gbps
- Certified for and by VMware, Microsoft Exchange 2010 and Microsoft Lync 2010
- No human interaction to download and license
- Can be deployed in under 10 minutes
- Full-featured version with the latest code and software upgradable
- Test configurations portable to AX Series hardware appliance
- Virtual ADC forum (www.virtualadc.com) available for questions, even without a support contract
"ViaWest is a leader in the managed service market, and we have standardized on a combination of A10's AX Series hardware and SoftAX virtual appliances for our cloud offerings," said Jason Carolan, CTO of ViaWest. "We chose A10 for many reasons including tight SoftAX integration with VMware vCloud Director, flexibility of hardware and software platforms and the advanced feature set. All of these advantages directly translate to value we can offer to our customers."
The new SoftAX trial version is available for immediate download.
Read the press release for more information.