A10 Networks Climbs to 2nd Fastest Growing Private Company in Silicon Valley
Continues Technology Innovation, Accelerates Momentum and Increases Headcount
SAN JOSE, CA, October 17, 2011 -- A10 Networks™, the technology leader in Application Networking, today announced its rank as the 2nd fastest growing private company in Silicon Valley according to the Silicon Valley Business Journal, and rapid expansion to its workforce amid accelerated momentum for its flagship line of AX Series appliances. To date the AX Series has garnered over 1,200 customers, with over 6,500 units shipped, since entering the market. To meet the increasing demands of Cloud Computing and constantly growing Internet traffic, the AX Series delivers a scalable platform architecture, ensuring flexible, high performance Application Delivery, Server Load Balancing, IPv6 Migration and Virtualization functions, increasing availability and efficiency, and producing the fastest end user experience.
"A10's momentum has grown rapidly over the past two years as a result of our innovative approach to Application Networking, and we are honored to be recognized by the Silicon Valley Business Journal as a fast growth company for the third year in a row," said Lee Chen, Founder and CEO of A10 Networks. "Enterprises and Service Providers of all sizes recognize A10 as a technology leader, and we will continue to innovate to provide the best user experience for our customers."
Rapid Growth & Increased Momentum
A10 has recently achieved the following significant milestones:
- Ranked #2 within the fastest growing private companies in the Bay Area according to the Silicon Valley Business Journal, and received this prestigious award for three consecutive years.
- Received an Inc. 500 award for the second consecutive year, ranking as the #1 fastest growing Computer Hardware company and Top 10 Internet company in North America for the 2011 award.
- Expanded its headquarters in San Jose, CA with the addition of a third adjacent office building to accommodate additional personnel. In tandem preparation is underway to move to a new, centralized headquarters location in San Jose that is double the size.
- Opened a research and development (R&D) center in Taipei, Taiwan and moved to a larger downtown office in Tokyo, Japan.
- Hired strategically, taking total headcount to over 325 employees.
- Received a Top Work Places award by San Jose Mercury News, ranking as a Top 10 place to work in Silicon Valley for the second consecutive year.
- Won a Best of Interop Tokyo award for the AX Series' innovative IPv6 Migration and IPv4 Preservation solutions.
- Extended its core success in North America, Japan, Asia Pacific (APAC), Europe and Latin America with new presences in South Asia.
AX Series Innovation
Earlier this month, A10 unveiled three new models within its 64-bit AX Series family, which showcased a number of industry innovations:
- First to deliver over 4.5 million Layer 4 connections per second (CPS).
- Industry's lowest cost per connection in compact 1 rack unit (RU) and 2 RU appliances.
- Superior energy efficiency with the highest Layer 4 CPS performance per Watt (PPW).
- Increased adoption for 10-Gb connectivity with the industry's most affordable entry-level 10-Gb port platform.
- Raised the entry-level bar with reliable carrier class hardware (ECC memory, processor class and SSD) not previously available at the entry-level price point.
In addition to its core Application Delivery and Server Load Balancing functionality, the 64-bit AX Series platform continues to see rapid growth from investments in emerging technology, including IPv6 Migration and Cloud Computing & Virtualization. The AX Series platforms (hardware and software appliances) are the first 64-bit server load balancers to be certified by Microsoft to work with its latest 2010 enterprise applications, in addition to VMware's VM Ready certification.
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks was founded in Q4 2004 with a mission to provide innovative networking and security solutions. A10 Networks makes high-performance products that help organizations accelerate, optimize and secure their applications. A10 Networks is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, France, The Netherlands, Germany, Brazil, Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia. For more information, visit http://www.a10networks.com
# # #